So, I 'm sure you 've all noticed by now how big the "ripped denim" trend is among celebrities. It's definitely not the newest trend out there, as people have been ripping and customising their jeans for decades now, but it seems that it 's made a comeback especially after the Maison Martin Margiela S/S 08 and the Balmain S/S 09 shows.
However, it looks like nowadays the simple slit across the knee of a light coloured pair is somewhat outdated, so, after a bit of googling, I present you a few more options:
1. The "wounded knee" category:
2. The "I didn't do it myself - they 're my boyfriend's" category:
3. The "Playing Peek-a-Boo" category:
4. The most wearable way:
5. The "I 'm under serious distress" category:
6. The black pairs:
7. The white pairs:
8. The "I had a date with Edward. Not Cullen; Scissorhands" category:
9. The tied and dyed category:
Personally, I 've already fallen for the trend (twice!) and quite like it really, they are a nice change from the dark skinny jeans from 2-3 years ago...
What do you think of distressed and torn jeans in general? Would you wear them/ buy them/ make a pair of your own?