So, what better time to make this post than a few days before the New Moon release? I am however, afraid that I 'm gonna let all of you Twilight fans out there down, as this isn't really relevant to the book/movie saga - just a nail related post inspired by a photo of Kristen Stewart.
Now, at this point, I have to admit that I 'm not really a fan of Kristen Stewart (quite the opposite actually), but I did *love* an old Elle photo shoot she was featured in. The clothes, the hair & makeup, but most importantly the nails.
Beautiful and simple: just a french manicure with black tips, that I 've been wanting to recreate ever since. So, here it is:
Obviously, the nude nail polish on Kristen Stewart's nails is more opaque, I just used one coat. Here's the full list of what I used:
- Maybelline's Salon Manicure Protecting Base
- Seventeen's (Greek "drugstore" brand) No. 95 (just one coat, obviously you can add another one of the nude n/p that you choose). Once this dried completely, I used the
- Nailene French Manicure Tip Guides and painted the tips with the
- Nailene French Tip Pen in Black. A few minutes later, I removed the tips and finished with
- Seventeen's Colorless nail polish, that I use as a top coat.
How do you think this looks?
Have you ever tried a french manicure with black tips or are you a fan of the classic white tip? :)