Here's a little post to show you my favourite makeup items up until recently!
I 'm not going to name this strictly March or April favourites, since (due to my no-internet Easter break) I would be too late to talk about March favourites anyways, and it's already May, so, it would be easier to talk about my spring "picks" instead!
I 'm sure that some of you may recognise a couple already, as I 've raved over them in past posts.
1. MAC Fascinating Eye Kohl (as swatched & discussed here). Personally I love the look of white eyeliner on the waterline; from a distance you can't dissociate it from the white of your eyes, a quality which makes them look bigger and more "awake". It's an eye kohl, so it applies smoothly and easily, and in all honesty, I can see myself repurchasing this again and again!
2. Sephora Glitter Eyeshadow in 51 - "So Elegant". If you 'd like to get a better idea of this eyeshadow click here. A great shade for daytime and nighttime, it adds some sparkle to what would otherwise be a plain (not that that's necessarily bad) neutral look and makes it much more interesting. Perhaps not ideal for touch ups though, as the best way to wear this is foiled (damp brush - Fix+ or water would do - picks up the eyeshadow, then pressed onto lid).
3. Essie Van D' Go. Ok, so, this is kind of a love/hate thing. Love the shade: a light, bright pinky peach, ideal for spring. Hate the formula: hello streaky horror! Probably one of the worst non-drugstore nail polishes I 've ever bought: it requires a minimum of 2 coats to get it to look even (if you 're lucky) and it doesn't go well with top coats, which seem to accentuate its yellow tones!
Perhaps not the best nail polish for your fingers, but... most certainly more than adequate for the toes! Bright: check, pretty and interesting: check, and its imperfections are not really likely to be noticed when worn on the toes, good enough for me!
4. YSL Golden Gloss in #20 Golden Macadamia. One of the most gorgeous lip glosses I 've ever tried! It's basically a nude shade, with lots of small golden glitter, guaranteed to make your lips look very pretty, regardless if it's layered over a lipstick or not! It contains moisturising elements (nigelle and cameline oils) and its stickiness is definitely not terrible. Oh, did I mention it has that nice, (distinctive of YSL) mango scent? :)
5. Chanel blush in No. 15 Orchid Rose. I adore this blush, I just do. Its colour is so hard to describe, I 'll make an effort and say that it's a peachy, burned, neutral rose shade, if that helps at all (my photo here doesn't do it any justice btw). It's a very chic and grown-up shade and it has tiny shimmer particles that add a perfect glow to your cheeks! I 'm sure that this is a universally flattering shade, one that suits almost all skintones/undertones. If you 're looking into Chanel blushes (and btw, has anyone ever finished one of these? Is it possible?), you 'd like to check this one out!
Nothing like talking (and reading) about well-used and well-loved products! :)
So, how about you?
What are your recent favourites and why? And is it a decision based on colour, habit or sth else...? Do share!