Now yes, this post should have been up at the beginning of this week, but since I always have the worst of luck when it comes to...electric appliances, that wasn't possible.
You see, my (newly, like just minutes before disaster occured) upgraded computer exploded. Yes, that's right, we 're talking white light explosion style. It may have been the power supply. Or the motherboard. I would have actually known if the tech guy was done by now, but no, he has to take his good old time, cos it's my computer we 're talking about (worst of luck, remember?)!
So, I 'm now posting from my (broken and slower) netbook, which is exactly what I was trying to avoid all week, but I 'm afraid I can't put off this post much longer!
Ok, rant over! On to my May favourites:
1. Lancaster sunscreen for the face. Obviously, it's not the brand that's of the biggest importance here, I 'm sure that there's a ton of brands that make excellent facial sunscreens to suit your skin's special needs, but you have to have at least one. And you have to apply it everyday, not only during the summer, but all year long, something I 'm shamefully going to admit that I 've just started doing this spring.
This Lancaster one I have is a nice product, I like that it's a light formula (thanks to the lower spf) and that it applies nicely and evenly over my moisturizer and underneath my foundation. It offers medium protection with its spf of 15, which has worked fine for now, but since we're just getting into the Greek summer, I should probably get one with a higher spf of 30 or 50 (see my skin sans tan, natural or fake, is very pale) and keep this for autumn.
2. Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiageing & Antiwrinkle day and night creams. Some of you may wonder why I 'm using these, well, I had these samples and since one can't start too early with those products, I decided to give them a go.
The "quercetin & oak" is the most recent line that Korres came out with and apparently there's been a lot of lab research before they ended up with this formula. I threw the leaflet with the percentages of the women that saw results with this line right away (after all those are surely age-, lifestyle-, sun damage- etc. sensitive) and just put it to the test. And, to my surprise, after 2 weeks of use, I 've actually noticed that they work! Not that I had a severe problem so to speak, but the fine lines on my forehead were becoming very noticeable lately (I 've always had a very...expressive forehead). Now, my forehead is much smoother and my whole face feels smoother as well!
If you consider trying this line, head straight for the night cream, it's the star product: feels light on the skin upon application and moisturizes well. The day cream on the other hand feels very thick on, not the type of product you 'd like to apply before foundation (well, my day cream sample was for dry/normal skintypes, so maybe that's why), but I don't think I 'm gonna bother with it's normal/combination equivalent: the night cream is an excellent product for me, and with my YSL Hydra Feel as a day cream, I feel that my skin gets a decent moisture/protection/antiageing cocktail for now.
3. MAC Ever Hip lipstick. Yep, still going strong! Swatches and the rest can be found in this post here.
4. Eyeshadow combination: MAC Vex&Copperplate. You see, I was into grey eyes/coral lips this May, I love a bit of contrast!
Vex is a beautiful greyish silver/pink duochrome, one to swatch in store to admire its prettiness, as it's pretty impossible to capture on camera (perhaps the shadow in the pan hints a bit to the pinkiness below?). I 've been using it all over the lid with Copperplate in the crease (a basic matte, slightly warm grey).
5. Seventeen nail polish in No. 508. Now, this is one for my Greek ladies. 508 is one of the colours they released for this spring/summer and it's one that doesn't have much competition: it's a dark green teal with super subtle light teal and silver shimmer! It needs two coats to achieve opaqueness and lasts considerably well (with a top coat): I counted 4 days of no chipping (no gloves when cleaning btw). Definitely one to check out!
So, another monthly favourites post has come to an end!
Hopefully I will post again from my regular pc!
Until then, let me know, what have you been loving lately? Any unexpected discoveries makeup/skincare wise? :)