Hope you've all had the most wonderful Christmas with your loved ones, with lots of food and nice presents! :)
This will be a quick one from me, just to share with you all my festive eye&nail of the day!
So, let's start with the eye look:
In true Christmas spirit, I wanted to create a look using all of the three traditional Christmas colours - gold, red and green. Something which proved to be a bit of a challenge for me, since the only appropriate eyeshadows in my collection that fit that purpose were in pigment form; one which I 'm not really used to working with (so please be gentle in the comments)!
For the look above, I used:
- Illamasqua pigment in Ore for the inner third of the eyelid.
- Barry M dazzledust in Emerald Jewel (sadly discontinued, but any cross between a green and a teal would work just as well) for the outer two thirds.
- Illamasqua medium pencil in Severe for the lower lashline, topped with
- MAC glitter in Reflects Blackened Red.
- Liner is MAC Blacktrack Fluidline and mascara is L'oreal Volume Collagene.
Personally, I 'm fairly happy with the outcome, despite using clashing colours (not to mention using items I already owned).
And now for the NOTD:
Could anything be more fitting than China Glaze Mommy Kissing Santa?
I think not!
Mommy Kissing Santa is a shimmery cherry red, quite deep and extremely festive! It goes opaque in two coats and I can imagine it being flattering for both those with pink undertones, as well as those with more olive ones.
So, what do you guys think, is it all too... predictable? Do you wear the classic Christmassy colours on Christmas day?
And how did you spend this Christmas?