I know it's been a while since my previous update, but what can I say, sometimes an unintentional break is just what you need! Safe to say that I'm back in full blogging mode now, with many exciting posts coming up (exciting for me to make - hopefully you'll find them just as exciting too)!
One of the things I did during this month, was to take a small trip to the mountains; honestly, a weekend away from the city should be mandatory every now and then!
I visited the Zagorohoria villages in Epirus, that are famous for their natural beauty and distintive architecture. And to make the trip even more special (not to mention rejuvenating, which was my main goal), I decided to stay in one of the best hotels in the area, which offers a satisfying variety of spa facilities. But more on that on the next post! ;)
For now I'll just leave you with the outfits I sported, along with a few packing tips that might come in handy if you're planning a similar vacation (and, if not, you should in my humble opinion).
Excuse the awkward pose and smile - this was taken literally after we arrived and I hadn't been feeling well earlier that morning!
Wearing: Zara jacket/Boohoo vest/random scarf/Longchamp bag/Zara jeans/ebay boots.
Second OOTD was taken somewhere on the road between the Aristi and Papigo villages, the beauty of that place was truly breathtaking(do not miss if you're ever going that way)!!!
Wearing: Zara jacket/scarf gifted/Bershka sweater (same from previous post)/Longchamp bag/Zara jeans/Ugg style boots.
Now, if you're ever planning a similar trip to a spa retreat in the mountains (combined perhaps with other activites such as skiing, hiking or just exploring), here's a few things to keep in mind when packing (besides any extra activity gear, that is):
Mountain/Spa packing tips
- You want to be warm & comfortable at all times, so pack accordingly. Clothes and shoes that fit badly or too tight are out of the question.
- Your shoes should be cozy, yet non-slippery and able to take a beating or too, not to mention a little bit of dirt.
Personally, I didn't take my ugg-style boots off all throughout the trip. They were so comfortable and their rubber sole (probably more durable than classic uggs) made exploring (even hiking for a bit) an easy task!
- You'll need an outfit for the spa. Unless of course you want to make the walk to and from the spa facilities in your bathrobe in the winter (didn't think so). Go for sweatpants and a zipper cardigan or hoodie - velour keeps you warm and feels luxurious too. You'll want sth warm enough to cover your probably still wet bathing suit once you're done.
- If you have longer hair, don't forget to take a couple of hair ties with you (you dont want your hair flying around and neither does the pool).
- Don't bother with slippers or toiletries such as shampoo and showergel, those are usually provided.
- Don't forget your moisturisers!!! Your skin will lose a lot of its moisture in the spa (hello sauna), so you'll need some heavy duty moisturisers to lock it back in!
- Lastly, when it comes to makeup, keep it simple. One blush, one e/s quad, one black eye khol, a lipstick and a lipgloss is all I needed for a couple of days, and all I used too. And I do consider myself on the high-maintenance side!
Hopefully that was helpful for someone! Surely I'm no expert, but from what I saw online before packing, there was nothing on this!
I'll leave you with a view from our room for now. More spa/beauty talk very soon! :)