Oh my, it's been a little while since my last update, hasn't it? To my defense though, finals are approaching here very soon, so I'm hopeful that you'll bear with me during this hectic period!
So, since I haven't updated for some time, I figured I should let you guys in on what I've been up to lately!
One of the things I've been doing is...shopping - in moderate amounts though! I've been meaning to update and slightly alter my summer wardrobe, so I needed a few new pieces!
New acquisitions include: - a nude top from Zara. This particular one has see through panels on the front and back with a skull detail. I intend to wear it with a simple tank top underneath and long necklaces!
- the very very popular (due to all those fashion bloggers) cut-out Zara stilettos. To my understanding they are a bit...inspired by an older Stella McCartney design, but even if that weren't the case, I wouldn't have resisted their ladylike and timeless design! These *might* be still available, but if you intend on getting them, beware to size up, as the front is extremely narrow due to the pointy shape!
- a pair of khaki/grey jeggings from boohoo. Nope, these are not the J Brand Houlihans, but they're probably the closest thing I'll ever be able to get! I was quite impressed by these to be honest: they're more proper pants/jeans than the "jegging" hybrid, in other words nicely made and with plenty of detail!
- Clog sandals from Bershka. I've been looking for a pair of not too chunky clog sandals with a heel that can be worn for everyday purposes for ages now; I finally got lucky at Bershka. What I love about these (besides how affordable they were) is that they're very comfortable and can be worn with bootcut/flared jeans to school too. I'm also into a bit of a Karen Moody (Californication) style obsession lately and these fit exactly to that style!
- Lastly, I could not not include this...magazine freebie: yep, this t-shirt was from Nitro magazine and the awesomeness of it is the print. It says "Dude, where's my bike" and features Jeff Bridges/the Dude riding a bike. I trust you've seen "The Big Lebowski" and all of this does ring a bell, yeah? I adore that movie and its humor and I simply HAD to get that t-shirt (and I fully intend to wear it outside too)! =)
Of course, my wardrobe update isn't completely over, I'm still looking for a few more pieces for the summer:
I'd love to find a nicely fitting nude blazer (which is somehow impossible to find this year), a pair of skinny flares, a baja sweater (it would make a great beach cover-up when that time comes) and something maxi: either a maxi dress or a maxi skirt or even palazzo pants - they have that same flowy quality. What are your thoughts, which one should I go for?
But let's move on to some blog talk!
All the Vanity has been featured!!!
Careers in Fashion has kindly included me in their Top 50 Chic Beauty Blogs list! Do have a look through and I'm sure that you'll discover some new favourites from that list! :)
Lastly, I'll leave you all with a tag!
The questions are:
1. Who tagged you?
2. What is your name and the name of your blog?
3. Write the following sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog".
4. Write your favourite quote.
5. What is your favourite book?
6. What is your favourite television show?
7. What are some bands or musicians you especially enjoy?
8. Please tag some bloggers of your choice.
If you are one of those tagged by me, do leave me a comment below, I always find it so interesting to have a look at someone's handwriting!
That's it for now!
I'll announce the winner of my giveaway in the next post and try to be a liiittle more disciplined as a blogger (I'm thinking shorter posts will do the trick)!!!
How are you all? Do tell me what you've been up to!!! :)