As perhaps some of you may already remember from older posts on here, my love for Rouge Bunny Rouge cosmetics is not a new thing.
And despite the fact that those little black containers are among the most treasured items in my makeup collection, I realise that I have not shown them the love they deserve, at least not on these pages!
So, let me present you with my little RBR family of eyeshadows and blushes, along with a brief commentary:
- Alabaster Starling is a gorgeous metallic white with a slight hint of pink. It's very light-reflecting and makes for a beautiful highlighting shade.
- Solstice Halcyon is a taupe-mauve shade. It looks matte in the photo, but it's more of a satin finish in real life, perfect basic color for any neutral or taupe lover!
- Delicate Hummingbird is a beautiful cool-toned, metallic purple!
- Abyssinian Catbird is a bronzey gold with olive green tones, superbly complex and utterly stunning! One of my favourite colors in my whole makeup collection!
- Bejewelled Skylark is a dark brown with copper reflections. Again, another beautiful shade, and along with Abyssinian Catbird, the two most pigmented of the bunch (btw here's an older post with a look of those two combined)!
The two eyeshadow duos on the RBR line are:
- A Major/fis minor, a very basic duo of two grown-up shimmery neutrals, and
- C Major/a minor, a seemingly unorthodox pairing of two cool toned shades, that somehow works in the end! Both shades are wonderful, but my personal favourite is the green one: half the times I see gold in it and others...teal, another brilliant execution!
And lastly, my two "For Love of Roses" Original Skin Blushes:
- Delicata, a beautiful neutral toned blush that I always rely on for special occassions, and
- Orpheline, a bright warm pink, that may look scary in the pot, but one that gives a lovely flush to the cheeks! By the way, don't let it scare you if you're pale - it does work on us too with a lighter hand!
And, in case I haven't sung the praises of their quality high enough, let me give you an idea of what to expect: very finely milled products, smooth and buttery, not at all powdery, long lasting, all in all a pleasure to apply and wear! The only downside that has obstructed me from purchasing some more (and yes, these were all bought by me) is the pricemark, but knowing their quality, to me it means that I'll just have to be a little more patient! ;)
I hope that this has been somewhat helpful, whether you've only just heard about the brand, or you're long acquainted with it!
So, have you tried anything RBR yet? Any particular shades of eyeshadows and blushes that you would recommend? :)