Cue music: "Guess who's back... back again..."!
Ok, I'm not going to.. direct this entry any further, you get the picture!
After a pretty full and relaxing summer month, it's time for me to report back!
And where better to start than to share with you this past month's beauty essentials?
1. Neal's Yard Frankincense Hydrating Facial Mist.
You know me, I cannot resist a good facial water spray! And this is probably the best I've ever tried: it's extremely refreshing and hydrating and the effect does last for quite a while! Apart from being an excellent toner, it also contains essential oils and herbal extracts with anti-oxidant and collagen stimulating properties (score!) For all you vegans out there, this is definitely one to check out (it's made with 98% organic ingredients), but beware of its rather strong scent (it fades quickly though, but be warned).
2. Bourjois blush in 03 Brun Cuivre.
Featured in one of my recent hauls, this has been a go-to product ever since! It compliments a variety of looks really well and blends with my bronzer flawlessly, giving a lovely bronzey effect, without being over the top!
3. NARS Kitty eyeliner pencil.
A great eyeliner to work with, applies super easily and gives the most gorgeous bright blue accent when used! I use it on my waterline whenever I'm in the mood for some colour, and it looks pretty even against my greyish/green eyes - no doubt, it would work wonders for those of you with blue or brown eyes!
4. Essie Van D' Go.
You can see swatches of it a couple of posts below. Yes, its a lovely colour, but the application is so streaky, it can drive you insane! The sole reason it's featured on this list, is because I've been using this almost exclusively this month, in an effort to try and finish it (hopefully I won't have to deal with it for more than another 2-3 weeks)!
5. Smashbox Pout lipgloss.
Probably the most popular Smashbox lipgloss shade, Pout is a pale, cool-toned (leaning blue that is) pink creme, with o% stickiness! Lovely with a smokey eye, but it's definitely more versatile than that! Been using it this past month for almost all of my evenings out!
What about my summer you may ask?
Well, here's the condensed version, in "in's & out's" form:
1. Seeing Kevin Spacey's brilliant performance as Richard III in Epidavros. Pretty mindblowing experience.
3. Enjoying my short summer vacations and soaking up as much sun as I could!
1. Being the basic meal for mosquitos everywhere. Who here counted 10 new bites a night? That would be me.
2. Getting rid of all my YSL Rouge Volupte's. The slippery feeling just wasn't doing it for me anymore.
3. Dealing with uninformed and rude sales' assistants. I got told they didn't carry a specific product when it was in public display one floor above!
How has your summer been, makeup or general wise? :)