By Tina A. - September 27, 2011
Admit it! You too are guilty of the spontaneous accessory shopping spree, right? And why wouldn't you be, especially when that's in the form of affordable jewellery!
Well, as you can see, I should be found guilty on multiple occassions. But I can't help it. In the words of Miranda, cynic extraordinaire: "I love it. It's my thing. Let it go".
And what have I been shopping? Well, knowing me, there had to be some of the usual boho oriented bits&bobs:
- Accessorize multicoloured bracelet. I found this one on sale and it was the closest I came this summer to the bright (call me neon) bracelet trend. Works well as an accent on simpler looks!
- House of Harlow 1960 14ct yellow gold plated thin bangle. My very first HoH piece (and most certainly not the last)! It's wonderful on its own or paired with other bracelets! I'll surely get a lot of wear out of this!
- Angel wing necklace with faceted glass stone. Simple and cute, purchased on etsy (seller's name is bluevelvetdesigns).
- Decenarios rosary bracelets. I got these on ebay, for dirt-cheap. These rosary bracelets have been quite a big trend over the past year and are used as good luck charms. Naturally, as a closeted superstitious person, I had to indulge!
But this time around, I decided to make a couple of more glamorous and elegant purchases too:
- Beaded bracelets from a local accessories shop. Their light reflecting properties is what caught my attention! I love that they look a lot more expensive than they are (2 euros each! Shhhhh!) - hey, maybe Accessorize can take a few notes as far as pricing goes!
- However overpriced Accessorize is though, I do like their sterling silver line and that's where this crystal encrusted ring is from (big yay for rings that don't turn your fingers blue)!
- Lastly, 3 little pairs of simple crystal stud earrings. I'll be getting another pair of earlobe piercings soon, and I wanted the 3 different sized studs. Again, from a local accessories shop (these are sterling silver too).
Bottom line: there's always cute and affordable options around!
So, have you been doing any jewellery shopping lately?
What is on your wishlists?