I couldn't help it, I went beauty shopping. And I surely didn't come back empty handed:
Ok, so, my little loot consists of:
1. A new foundation, namely the YSL Perfect Touch, the one with the brush that's notoriously annoying to clean. Reason for picking this up, is that both the lightest Teint Idole and the lightest Dior Forever (two foundations I've been dying to try) are simply too dark for my paler-than-pale skintone (not to mention that the Dior Forever seems to oxidize more than it should?). So, "tried and tested" it was.
2. Korres eyeshadow in 77 Plum. One that I've been wanting for ages and can't wait to create some evening looks with!
3. Apivita Radiance Serum. This is basically a vitamin C serum: I've been reading lately that vitamin C layered under sunscreens can help battle the free radicals that are released as a result of sun exposure. I only hope this works - review to come in the future.
4. L'Oreal Caresse lipsticks, and not 1, but 4! There's a special offer on these here lately, buy 2 and get a free Glam Bronze Wild Instinct bronzer, so I couldn't let that slide!
5. Finally, the 2 gwp bronzers I got were 302 Medium and 303 Dark (don't you just love the leopard detailing!?).
L'Oreal Caresse lipsticks
I have to say, I was really pleasantly surprised with these! The formula is just lovely: extremely lightweight, creamy without being slippery, fairly glossy and not at all drying. The pigmentation took me by surprise too: I was expecting yet another "tinted lip balm" type of product, but these are definitely much more intense, especially the darker shades. They're definitely buildable as well!
The four shades I picked were: 02 Innocent Pink, a very light baby pink shade, 04 Rose Mademoiselle, a bright cool toned fuchsia (more vibrant in real life), 301 Dating Coral, a great peachy coral, that's not too orange, meaning I can get away with it, and, lastly, 501 Nude Ingenue, a beige/peach nude shade, that Lana Del Rey wore in Cannes (and we love some LDR, don't we?).
In other news, not a whole lot is going on... Allow me to elaborate in the form of some In's and Outs:
June 2012 In's & Out's
1. Finding a few minutes each day to read a great book. At the moment, I'm reading Death with Interruptions by Jose Saramago (imho you just have to read something by him in your lifetime).
2. Movies, movies, movies! Monday is a bank holiday here, so instead of deserting the town for some beach somewhere just like everyone else, I decided to make it a movie weekend. I already saw Snow White and the Huntsman yesterday, which I truly enjoyed (I even liked Kristen Stewart's acting, if you can believe it) and plan to see Dark Shadows later today.
3. Movie trailers with kickass music. The Great Gatsby anyone?
1. Over half of the female population wearing tube tops and hotpants because apparently that's what you do on the second day of summer weather.
2. The mountains of textbooks and notebooks I have to go through this month. I'm literally typing this while having a huge pile to my left to balance the huge pile stacked to my right.
Random post has come to an end!
Let me know what you've been shopping lately, beauty wise! Have you tried the L'Oreal Caresse lipsticks, and, if so, which shades?
What are your current In's & Out's?