Spring '13 Beauty Wishlist and a mini haul!
By Tina A. - February 25, 2013
Making wishlists has always been a favourable form of escapism of mine, particularly when things aren't going so great - some may think it's counter-productive, but I enjoy visualising something new and positive.
So, what have I been doing these past few weeks in order to overcome my bad mood and the dull weather? Well, I've been compiling a little beauty wishlist, so that I can at least welcome spring with a fresh and new look, whenever of course it decides to make its warm and sunny entrance!
Here's what I've decided on, most of which are from new upcoming collections:
- Clarins Eye Quartet Mineral palette and
- Clarins Face & Blush powder, both from Clarins' Rouge Eclat Spring 2013 collection.
- Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss in Bare Sparkle from the new Brighten, Sparkle & Glow collection.
- Topshop Glow Highlighter in Polish.
- MUA Shimmer Highlighter from their current Undress Your Skin release.
- OPI nail polishes in Eurso Euro and My Vampire is Buff, from their Euro Centrale collection.
- Wet n' Wild Party of Five Glitters - my pick over OPI's Polka.com.
- MAC Year of the Snake lipsticks in Freckletone and Plumful and the eyeshadows in Altered State and Once Upon A Time - you already know I'm a sucker for anything engraved! ;)
- Lastly, REN's Resurfacing AHA Concentrate - yep, still working on that skincare routine!
Another thing that manages to lift my spirits when I'm down, is, of course, shopping! Now, I don't know if it's cheaper than therapy, but I do know that my wardrobe and beauty stash are happy, which makes me happy too!
Sneak peek into my most recent haul:
1. Bourjois nail polish in 09 Lavande Esquisse (aaand I'm already in love with it),
2. Sephora nail polish stickers in A24 Upper East Side (sorry, these scream more "disco" to me than "Gossip Girl", but, still, can't wait to give them a go),
3. A backup of my top coat of choice, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat, and
4. Sephora Chocolate Smoothing Body Scrub, which smells very artificial, and absolutely nothing like the super delicious body spray/perfume from that same line.
I guess that's it for now, expect reviews on the nail products I got, as well as updates on how I'm getting on with my wishlist over the upcoming weeks. Hope you're all well!
What's on your beauty wishlist for spring/summer 2013? What have you been buying lately? :)