Keeping up with the beauty subscription box trend, I thought I should give another contender a try, before I dismissed the whole thing (or, so I thought anyways).
And, having just heard about Glowbox and its higher-end orientation, I decided to give its June edition (their first ever, actually) a try:
Similar to the other beauty box subscription services, Glowbox offers a selection of 5 to 7 travel sized beauty items each month (with the occasional full sized item every now and then), based on the profile you've created when you signed up. I should say, at this point, that Glowbox is priced at €12, instead of the €10 price mark of the other boxes, but it's well worth it, and I'll explain why in a bit. But, first things first, the contents!
1. That's Better Face Lift face mask, 50 ml. A nutritional face mask aimed at dry and tired skin, that I'm really excited to try! I've never tried anything by That's Better yet, but the natural ingredients and the absence of nasty chemicals in their formula already got me curious!
2. Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse, 30 ml. A well known dry oil, that I've already tried in the past and it's indeed excellent for multi-purpose use (I've even used it on my face and it does moisturise, without clogging up the skin or making it greasy). The 30 ml size is going to be ideal for my summer holidays!
3. Apivita Face Cream for Sensitive Skin with SPF50, 15 ml. Apivita is one of my favorite skincare brands at the moment (I adore their serums and their face masks), but I've yet to try their sunscreens. My initial thoughts is that SPF50 might not work super well with foundation, but, in any case, it'll be a great sunscreen for the beach!
4. Sephora nail polish in Curacao, 5 ml. I'm a fan of Sephora nail polishes, and this is a lovely summery blue shade. Let me quickly say that this is a full sized item.
5. Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip & Cheek Stain in Forever Pink. This is a small sample, but will no doubt come in handy. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a shade that I'd wear and it's got a nice fruity scent to it.
6. Avon Mega Effects Mascara, 9 ml. I believe this is another full sized product, that Avon just released, and it comes with a revolutionary paint style brush. I'm all for new gadgets, if they work, so, I'll update you on this one sometime in the future.
Needless to say, I love every single item in my box, and I know I'll use everything. Sure, it is their first box, so it has to be a great one, but if they keep it up in a similar style (and there's no reason not to, especially since they have huge brands behind them), then I'll keep coming back for it.
In my eyes, we clearly have a winner so far: Glowbox ticks all my boxes (pun intended):
✔ It features well known and respectable brands, some of which are also pharmacy brands and take pride in their natural formulas (very important to me, as I'm very picky when it comes to skincare).
✔ Everything was more than decently sized!
✔ Each month's subscription is available that same month (which means if I want it, I can have it in a matter of days)!
✔ Their customer service is exemplary: one of the samples was missing from my box, but the company responded immediately and sent a replacement straight away (take note other beauty box companies, and at the very least check your emails, *cough cough*).
✔ Lastly, everyone received pretty much the same items, with few deviations, depending on their account profiles. I'm adding this to the pro list, because I think it's important for these boxes to be equally fair, without some customers getting better or worse boxes than the rest.
Majorly impressed Glowbox, keep it up!
Have you tried Glowbox, or another beauty box service yet?