Sunday, 6 October 2013
Tag: 5 Product Makeup!
One of the tags that's been making the rounds lately in the beauty community is the "5 Product Makeup" tag and, in the rare occurrence that you're not familiar with it already, it basically suggests that're only allowed to use 5 makeup products for your whole makeup.
Now, for some people, this may seem reasonable (hats off to you!), but I'm not one of them:
I normally use around 9 to 14 products each time I do my makeup, so, when the lovely "Beauty In Crisis" tagged me for this (Greek readers: check out her blog here), she truly didn't know that she put me to quite the challenge!
And because I wasn't too sure if there were any actual rules to this tag, I tried to make it even more challenging, by excluding any palettes, makeup duos or face kits - as if cutting down wasn't hard enough! So, this is what my "5 product makeup look" consists of, basic, but very much complete:
1. Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation. I love using a base product to even out my skin, so foundation is a must for me. I use the (lightest) shade 50 Vanille Rose, which, as we're progressing into winter is getting a touch too dark/pink for me, so I'm trying to use it up (perhaps I should bust out the St.Tropez but I can't be bothered).
2. MUA Bronzed Perfection bronzer. Straight to bronzer ladies and gentlemen, another must-have to give some livelihood and dimension to the face! I used a big fluffy face brush to distribute a sheer layer all over my face, and a more tapered one for some contouring.
3. MAC Omega Eyeshadow. Ok, brow time! Ever since I discovered MAC Omega, there hasn't been a day where I don't use it for my eyebrows: it fills them in, without creating that heavy penciled-in look, that I personally dislike. I also took an eyeshadow brush and used this on my lids too, for some extra definition, while the bronzer also doubled as a crease shade (this only proves that no challenge can force me to go without eye makeup)! :)
4. Avon Mega Effects mascara. Naturally, noone can skip mascara, so I finished off the eyes with the one that I'm using right now (review to come).
5. Rouge Bunny Rouge Blush Wand. Last, but not least, I picked a product to add some color to my otherwise very neutral look: the RBR Blush Wand in the shade 013 Manet does exactly that by adding a rosy flush to my cheeks and lips, which stays put for hours.
And there you have it: a complete makeup look with only 5 products! I actually wore this look outside and I was surprised that I looked polished, even without concealer or eyeliner! Plus, it only took me a little over 5 minutes to put it on - the lesson here being that a lot of us tend to overcomplicate things and do ourselves a disservice in the end!
Ok, no philosophical ramble this time! I can only say that I loved this tag and that I urge anyone that hasn't already done it to give it a go! I'd especially love to see how ScrapgalGR from ScrapgalGR Loves Blush!, Marina from Makeup4All, Evi from Lipstick Wardrobe and Sophie from Fashion Written With A Lipstick interpret this tag!
Which 5 items would you go for? Let me know in the comment section or, better yet, leave me the link to your tag post! :)