I normally don't hold on to empty products, not even for blogging purposes (I'm more of a "use up & chuck away" kinda gal), but seeing as some of you requested more "empties" posts, I thought I'd reconsider! It is, after all, the best way to share my final thoughts about a product and let you all know if I plan to repurchase or not!
Off we go!
Haircare & Bodycare Empties
1. Garnier Fructis Goodbye Damage Shampoo*. I'd lie if I said I was impressed with this product: to me, this is just a basic shampoo that removes dirt from your hair. I didn't see any difference to my hair, if anything it probably dried it a bit, cos it tends to lather more than adequately in my opinion.
2. Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Shampoo*. Despite its very similar formula to the Goodbye Damage one, I really enjoy using this, in fact the bottle above is a repurchase! The only major difference between the two, is that the Triple Nutrition one also has avocado oil and shea butter in it, albeit low in the ingredients' list. Nevertheless, I got the impression that it tamed my hair to some extent, although, in all fairness, I was using it along with the (super effective) conditioner and hair mask from the same range.
3. Kings & Queens Jasmine Showergel. Pure jasmine goodness that I find extremely refreshing, especially during the warmer months! Another hit from Kings & Queens (do they ever get it wrong?), that I'll definitely repurchase in the future!
4. The Body Shop Coconut Cream Body Scrub. Unlike most body scrubs from The Body Shop, this one has a creamy texture, which means I'm not an oil-slick post shower! It's also a great exfoliator and I find the scent to be super rich and luxurious! I need to stock up soon!
Skincare & Makeup & Nail Polish Empties
1. La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Serum*. A serum with hyaluronic acid, that keeps the skin hydrated and plump-looking (always a goal). I liked using this one, but I'm not going to get a backup: I believe that the alcohol and perfume that it contains don't really agree with my skin. Full review here.
2. Garnier Essentials Eye Make-Up Remover with Grape Extract. One of the mildest cleansing waters in the market, it never stings my eyes, no matter how tired they are. I use this as a second eye makeup remover (after I've broken down the gazillion layers of mascara that I wear with a milkier/oilier formula), and it removes any remaining traces. Once I make a dent in my cleanser... collection, I'll definitely repurchase!
3. The Body Shop Chocomania Lip Butter. A good, basic lip balm, for those that don't suffer from any major dryness and aim for prevention, rather than treatment. Full review here.
4. Yves Saint Laurent Perfect Touch Radiant Touch Foundation. This is my high-end foundation staple, it's dewy, offers medium coverage without looking cakey, stays on for a considerable amount of time, aaand photographs well. YSL make some of the best foundations in my opinion, with an excellent shade range (hello Lancome, there are paler people out there!), and I'll definitely consider repurchasing, unless Youth Liberator Serum Foundation lures me in! ;)
5. L'Oreal Color Riche Nail Polish in 406 Burgundy Diva. Gorgeous vampy burgundy, ideal for fall and for the holidays! I would buy again...buuut my ever-growing nail polish collection tells me not to! See swatch here.
Stupid thing to be proud of, but I'm stoked that I'm finally throwing all of that away and that I'm slowly making a dent in my skincare and makeup collection! Yay for "empties" posts and the satisfaction/motivation they bring to the table!
What have you used up recently?