By Tina A. - November 04, 2013
October flew by here on All the Vanity, and November didn't exactly greet me with the best intentions, as I'm fighting a hellish chest infection at the moment (I literally feel as though a huge hand is squeezing my tracheia), while Mr. "All the Vanity" is recovering from a sprained ankle. Suffice to say that trying out new beauty products wasn't exactly a top priority during the past month - so, what actually made it on my favorites' list can be narrowed down to this bare minimum:
1. Bobbi Brown Bellini Lip and Eye Palette - Holiday 2012. Basically, what I've been using for my eye makeup for the past few weeks. Gorgeous palette, more info on it below!
2. Kings & Queens Tobacco Showergel. Another hit by Kings & Queens, this showergel smells super woodsy, spicy and luxurious! This particular scent is more of a masculine one, so if that's something up your street, you have to give this one a try!
3. Human + Kind All-In-One Hand + Elbow + Foot Cream. Easily, the best hand cream I've tried out recently! Very moisturising, and not at all greasy, which means that I can use my hands straight away, without the fear of making a huge mess! Another thing I enjoy about it, is its slight herbal (a mix of pine and peppermint maybe?) scent, which to me is very refreshing (especially in the crisp morning air), but I can see how some wouldn't go nuts over it.
4. Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in 09 Soft Murano. A "shop my stash" type of rediscovery, this has been the only blush in my makeup bag lately! Beautiful rose shade that brings life to my cheeks, plus the creamy texture adds a much needed natural radiance! Swatches on my past post here.
5. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Colour Deep Treatment. Not a lot to say about this hair mask, other than it's brilliant and well worth the splurge (I find Aussie slightly pricy for a non-high end hair brand)! It leaves my hair super soft, locks in the moisture and smells super relaxing and gorgeous! My hair loves it and, so do I!
6. CSI Vitamin C + 12% Youth Serum. I've mentioned this Vitamin C serum in a past haul, and from my recent experience with it, it's a hit: I instantly see my skin improving, in fact my makeup lasts longer when I use this! I intend to properly review it in the future, for more details! ;)
If you're familiar with Bobbi Brown, then you know that their holiday releases in particular are nothing short of amazing, and this palette, released last year, definitely falls into that category! It contains 10 eyeshadows in nude/neutral shades, which are well balanced texture-wise (you have your mattes along with your shimmers), and 4 lipgloss shades, again in nude/-ish colours.
Now, as you can see, the colours are wonderful for everyday purposes, but the black can also easily make the transition from daytime-to-nighttime without a lot of effort! The quality of the shadows is lovely, they're very smooth and easy to work with. I'll admit, I haven't tried the lipglosses yet, as I'm trying to finish up some other ones, but I thought I'd include them for the swatch photo:
Pretty, non? I think I'll keep this in my bag for November too! :)
So, what are you using lately? Any new hits that I simply must learn about?