Collective Winter Haul!
Even though I try my best to keep my beauty purchases to a minimum, curiosity, along with the recommendations of some very enabling fellow bloggers (wink, wink), always get the best of me in the end!
So, here's what I picked up over the past few weeks - surprisingly enough there's more makeup than usual (call it pre-holiday recklessness if you will):
1. Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Vintage Romance Palette. I've been eyeing this one for months, now I can't wait to test it out. Review (and possible eye makeup look) will come at a later time, I'm sure!
2. Sleek MakeUp Blush in Suede. Good neutral blushes are not that easy to find, despite being very versatile and complimenting a vast variety of looks. In other words, this was a no-brainer and into the cart it went!
3. Essence Silky Touch Blush in #50 Sweetheart. I "blame" this solely on Carousel Coral and her excellent taste in all things makeup! Thanks girl!
4. Benefit Rockateur. After a long wait, it's finally mine! Yes, it is as lovely as everyone says and I suspect I'll enjoy it a lot this year!
5. Apivita Face & Eye Foam Cleanser with Olive & Lavender. This is a mini size of the much raved about Apivita cleanser. My first impression is that it smells way too strong, to the point where I'm afraid to actually use it on my sensitive skin. Keep you all updated on this one.
6. Sunsilk Nourishing Oil Spray. This was an unplanned purchase at the drugstore, I just needed a new leave-in spray and I decided to go for this one! Surprisingly lightweight, and it definitely delivers!
7. Max Factor CC Cream. Apart from the Garnier versions, I haven't really tried any other BB or CC creams (samples of Korean ones don't really count). I picked this one, because a) it was on sale, and b) Max Factor always makes very light shades. I picked 40 Fair, an excellent match for my skintone.
8. Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara. In an effort to up the brow game ante, I decided I needed a brow gel, and before I went the high end route, I thought I might give this cheap-as-chips version a go!
9. Pai Sea Buckthorn Cuticle Balm. This came in a holiday set, along with the popular Fragonia & Sea Buckthorn Hand Cream, that I gifted to my mum. I've only been using this for less than two weeks, but I've already seen a major improvement in my cuticle area!
10. Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil. Yes, another Pai purchase. I need to test this further, but so far, I've got one thing to say: how hadn't I discovered this sooner?!
11. L'Oreal Color Riche Nail Polish in 845 Platinum Chic. A review with swatches, is already up, here!
12. Barry M Matte Nail Paint in Vanilla. I'm not one for matte nails, but when I saw this purpley/grey shade, I had an "aha" moment! Swatch post will surely come in the future.
13. Essence Happy Holidays Colour Nail Polish in 01 Joy to the World! I love the idea of a glitter & a creme nail polish combination, and this one seemed like a classic option. I may use this for a future nail art project, we shall see how it goes!
Phew, that felt like a lot! I plan to review (or mention) all of these items in the future, so do be patient! ;)
Ok, over to you!
What did you pick up lately?
PS: Apologies if I've not replied to your comments yet! I still read every single one!