January Beauty Favorites!
I'll begin this post with the cliche of all cliches: "I can't believe just how quickly this month went by", but only because, well, that's the ugly truth!
Regardless of my (failed) attempt to keep up to date with... time itself, it is January favorites o' clock, and without any further ado, I present you with the hitlist for the month that's now ending:
1. Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil. I had a bit of an a-ha moment when I discovered facial oils not that long ago and I'm still testing out a few of them, but this one by Pai stands out by far: not only does it hydrate, but it makes my skin extremely smooth and soft. Proper review/facial oil crash test to come in the future (check my instagram for a little teaser preview of the contenders).
2. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. Still, despite those oils and creams, the lovely cocktail of stress, insomnia and cold weather that I'm experiencing has not been that kind on my skin lately, so I do need any help I can get. This little miracle-in-a tube by Clarins makes me look healthy and "alive" and helps my foundation apply smoothly. No further explanation needed! (Full review here).
3. MAC Strobe Cream. Of course, a priming type of product is not enough to do the trick, so I mix a little of MAC's Strobe Cream with my foundation for that radiant, dewy look. Granted, this routine may seem a little overboard for most (highlighter on top of highlighter on top of highlighter), but it is what keeps my skin happy and decent looking! Plus, layering different types of highlighting products seems to provide a more natural effect than a full on shimmer at the very end.
4. The Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Care SPF15. I keep coming back to this lip balm every time: the thick and rather waxy texture ensure its long-lasting abilities. Also, it's handy to carry around with you (much unlike the Nuxe one which is mostly an "at home only" product) and it contains SPF, which is necessary to keep those chapped lips sun protected!
5. L'Oreal Color Riche in 201 Rose Paradis. My "holy grail" milky nude nail polish is one I've repurchased over and over again. It gives that polished look, without the dreadful stringy effect that's associated with most nude and white nail polishes. Check here for a swatch photo.
6. Benefit Rockateur Powder Blush has been the only blush I reached for the whole month! It's a rosy apricot shade, that goes with anything and looks subtle and natural! Swatch below:
7. Fresh Line Polyhymnia Stimulating and Strengthening Hair Wash. My hair is only now recovering from a recent hair dye experiment marathon I put it through since December, and this shampoo by Fresh Line is exactly as mild as I needed it to be. I can't really say I saw a difference when it comes to hair loss, as it's not... shedding season (it's aimed at hair loss and weak hair), but it did make a huge difference to my tight feeling scalp (there's a lovely mental image for you all) that I was left with after the dyes.
8. Haus of Gloi Whipped Soap in Sweet Potato Treat. At first I kind of hated its strong sweet gourmand scent, but it definitely grew on me over time (as does anything Haus of Gloi, really). Not to mention I *adore* the texture. Yes, you heard it right, whipped soap people, whipped soap (review here)!!!
Anything seem familiar?
What have you used and loved this January?