March Beauty Favorites!
Not having anything all that exciting to report for the month of February, I thought I'd skip February altogether (a usually short & rather dull month anyways) and head straight to the March edition!
Now, March is one of those weird transitional months in my opinion: you can't stop thinking about springtime, yet the cold weather is still in charge, pretty much preventing you from going all out with the bolder colors and the lighter consistencies - at least in my case!
Proof of the aforementioned paradox/confusion as presented through my picks below (clockwise from top left):
1. Sleek i-Divine Vintage Romance Palette. Taking a break from my usual neutral addiction, I opted for this palette for the majority of March, as it contains a nice selection of colors for both daytime and nighttime looks.
For the daytime, I loved Court in Cannes or Lust in LA all over the lid, paired with Propose in Prague in the crease, while for the nighttime I'd play with the purple shades. There are a couple of disappointing colors in this palette with sub-par color payoff, namely Romance in Rome and Bliss in Barcelona, but the rest of the shades were really intense and easy to work with. Overall a good palette and one of my favorites from Sleek, along with the Ultra Mattes V2.
2. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo. I had a bit of a breakout issue to deal with this past month, so I ended up using this spot treatment rather religiously, i.e. twice a day! So far, I would only use it once, but it wasn't until I... upped my dosage that I really noticed a difference!
3. Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil. I've been crazy about face oils lately, in fact my current collection counts not one, but five (overdue comparison post is next on the list - pinky promise)! And while this Clarins one is not my #1 favorite, it's a great oil that provides lasting hydration without being too overwhelming.
4. Garnier Beauty Oil. Now, I should have been more practical and try and use up my body butters before the weather gets too warm, but once I re-discovered this body oil, I kept using it till its last drop. I adore the silky finish it leaves my skin with, as well as the fact that I don't have to wait for it to absorb. I still hate the nozzle though, but hey ho. Full review here.
5. Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss in 15 Bare Sparkle. Not a lot to say here, just what the name suggests: a nude lipgloss with a ton of sparkly glitter! Pretty basic and probably dupable, but I love Bobbi Brown lipglosses and I ended up using about half of it this month alone!
6. Essence Silky Touch Blush in 50 Sweetheart. This was a pleasant discovery from a brand I'm not massively familiar with, and one I owe to Sophia at Carousel Coral, whose great taste in all things beauty always inspires me to expand my wishlist! As for the blush, it's a lovely light pink shade shot with subtle shimmer, and while it is ever so slightly powdery, that doesn't translate at all when applied to the skin! Definitely worth more than the €2,45 I paid for it!
7. Korres Raspberry Twist Lipstick in Elegance. No surprises here: the easy to wear & pair pinky nude from the Korres A/W Collection was my favorite from the Romantic Nude range and I wore it 24/7. Review and swatches here.
Another Monthly Favorites post bites the dust ladies and gents! :)
What did you swear by during March?
Have you tried any of my March favorites? Thoughts?