The exciting things first (aka the beauty haul part):
Illamasqua Complement palette from their fall release, a sample of Illamasqua Freak perfume that I've been dying to try for months now, L'Oreal Color Riche nail polish in the shade 201 Rose Paradis, and Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Shower Gel in Shea Butter and Warm Vanilla.
Most of the items are fairly new, so expect proper reviews in the future, but at this point I have to make a special mention of the shower cream (it's not a shower gel, despite the label): gorgeous warm vanilla scent (if you love shea/vanilla/almond/coconut scents, then you simply must try this), light creamy sensation and a moisturising lather that makes showering a bit of a luxurious treat rather than a boring daily task! Simply ❤ this!
I've also managed to finish quite a few things this month, which rarely happens at this extent:
1. The Body Shop Coconut body butter. Insert sad face, as this is ambrosia for my dry skin during autumn and winter. Yes, it is a little too thick, but the scent and effectiveness win me back every time!
2. The Body Shop Shea Body Scrub. Boy, am I glad this is finished! While I usually enjoy sugar scrubs, this one was far too oily. As in you need to shower 2-3 times afterwards in order to not feel like you were dipped in an oil slick! Huge hassle, especially if you plan to tan and need your skin to be completely free of any product (or.. residue). Will definitely not be repurchasing.
3. YSL Teint Resist foundation. Sadly, this one is now discontinued, so if you're living in a warm and humid climate and are looking for a long wearing, medium + coverage, transfer resistant foundation, I would not know in which direction to point you at. Boo YSL!!!
4. Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup remover. This was a dual phase eye makeup remover, a type of product that I'm not a big fan of. I prefer multitasking products, and this type of eye makeup remover is only good for removing your makeup at the end of the day; if you accidentally make a smudge while applying your makeup and need to correct it, then an oil based remover is simply out of the question. I also disliked the stinging sensation I had after using this, so, yet another reason I'm glad this is dunzo.
5. MAC Cleanse Off Oil. Love this and it's already replaced!
6. Korres Pomegranate Deep Cleansing Scrub. Great product that leaves the skin soft, without being too harsh or drying it out. At this point, I'd say it's the best beaded face scrub that I've tried so far.
In other news...
October In's & Out's
1. Thelma, aka the new member of the family, settling in.
Thelma is a 3 month old kitten, that I decided needed a proper home - she wouldn't have survived otherwise! It's been ages that I've had a pet, and despite her occassional grumpy and persistent mannerisms, I'm in love! Just look at that face! Apparenly Thelma enjoys sleeping in any position possible, like this...
... and this...
2. Downton Abbey. Amazing show, great plot and overall excellent production. I'm already watching the 2nd season, and I'll probably be up to speed by the end of the week!
3. Beer outings: a little alcohol helps with the insanity of everyday life.
1. God Loves Caviar, the new movie by Yannis Smaragdis (some of you may have seen El Greco). Now, I don't know if my expectations were too high, but this was not a great movie, though it could have been one. Acting, sets & costumes did not make up for the lack of a proper (and properly paced) script. Some aspects of Greek mentality in the recent history were sharply acknowledged, but could have been further analysed, imo.
2. Winter time: getting dark before 5 pm blows.
3. Cocktails of inconsideration, rudeness stemming from various traits, and idiocy being thrown at you from different angles. Nuff said.
Hope everyone's been well! Let me know what you've been up to! :)