It's been a while since my last "monthly favourites" post - I 'm so bad at keeping up with these!
But, it's time I did one! So, if you 'd like to learn about the products that I 've been mostly using recently (i.e. in the last month or so), please read on:
1. The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter. I 've been taking a break from the Korres body butters that I use almost religiously and currently using up this one instead. I adore the rich coconut scent (which Korres lacks in their body butter line and should probably fix that), but not quite feeling the same about the quality: I find the TBS body butters to be a little tacky after the application. I guess, however, that now that it's winter and I 'm covered up completely, it's not that big of an issue.
2. NARS Orgasm blush. I had a little fall out with this one around September/October, probably due to my summer tan fading - I could not get it to look anything other than muddy. However, a paler-than-pale skin plus a light hand plus an application that focuses on the outer part of the cheeks seem to work wonders at the moment! :) Swatches and mini review can be found here.
3. MAC The Faerie Glen lipstick. From the recent Tartan Tale collection, The Faerie Glen is an extremely wearable and non-offensive nude shade; I 'd describe it as a pink based brown nude. It's a lustre finish, but I think it's a little more pigmented than the average lustre. Personally, I 'm in love and I think that any nude lipstick lover that's looking for a more wearable alternative should own this!
4. OPI Suzi Skies in the Pyrenees. This is an oldie (fall '09) but a goodie. Almost black from a distance, it's actually a deep greyish blue, think blue chinese ink mixed with charcoal and you have this shade. I 've been wearing it almost non stop, which something I rarely do with nail polish, that's how much I 've been loving this recently!
5. MUFE Aqua Cream in 13 Warm Beige. It swatches true to the photo above, beautiful colour for daytime! I love that I can get about 7 hours of wear without it creasing on me (without a primer)! I just apply a small amount with my finger, blend a bit and out the door!
Also, keep in mind that Orgasm, The Faerie Glen and the Aqua Cream in Warm Beige make a really nice romantic makeup look - if any of you have these products or at least two of them, you might want to wear them together, you'll see what I 'm talking about! ;)
So, what products have you been using lately?
Any new or old discoveries? :) Let me know below!