Seems that those...extremely late "monthly favourites" are becoming quite a habit of mine, aren't they?
Hmm, that's definitely something to work on in the future!
So, that aside, let me make a quick post about my January favourites:
1. MAC Photo Realism quad. I 'm a hardcore fan of the neutral look, that probably goes without saying. But after the Sleek Storm palette (and before the "Warm&Cozy" eyeshadows), I felt the need to add some colour and this quad is perfect for that, as it creates the most gorgeous smokey green looks. I can't say that I wore it much in the past fall, but it's a pretty palette, that definitely deserves some love!
2. MAC 219 brush. A great brush for placing the darker shade on the outer V, before blending with a 217 or 224. If I were to only use my 217, it would take me several minutes to build up the colour, so I find that the combination of 219 and 217 makes my shadow application a lot faster. Also great for smudging eyeliner (especially when the "perfect line" ends up being less that perfect), but I 'm sure that this is no news to you.
3. Benefit Coralista blush. Fairly similar to NARS Orgasm in shade (Coralista has that golden-peachy sheen, whereas Orgasm has golden glitter), it does give a healthy peachy pink glow. And, yes, I 'll agree that the packaging is pretty crappy (not to mention hard to store/put inside a makeup bag), but it's a beautiful colour that compliments virtually any look, and it also has a lovely subtle scent.
4. MAC Redhead MSF. I rarely use any highlighting products, but since I 'm completely tan free these past few weeks, I felt the need to give the illusion of...cheekbones (since mine are pretty non-existent) as much as possible. So, a little Laguna underneath and this lovely msf on top helped me achieve that. Redhead and Blonde are the only msf's I own, but I find Redhead to be the prettiest of the two. (On the photo below, all four shades swirled together at the far right edge of my hand).
5. MAC Creme d' Nude lipstick. Not going to say a lot about this lipstick, as I 'm sure everyone knows what I 'm talking about: an easily wearable nude with a slight sheen to it (it is a cremesheen after all), ideal to carry with you 24/7.
Another "monthly favourites" post has come to an end...
And since it's too late to ask you what your January favourites were, I 'll just ask what you think of the products mentioned if you 've tried them and what kind of looks do you create with them? :)