What's your beauty style TAG!
That's right, I 'm reviving an old tag, lol! :)
My dear Tali @ The Gloss Goss has tagged me for this little questionnaire ages ago (like, literally), but I never got round to it! I am, however, a firm believer of the "never too late" philosophy, so, I 'm gonna give it a go!
1. What is your beauty style? (Natural, trendy, etc.)
Not sure if there's really a word that can define my beauty style (I guess that's what "all over the place" is, lol). It's definitely not "I 'm not wearing makeup" makeup or overly trendy. It's subtle and feminine for the most part, but it can get a little moody, if the occasion allows it (think black eyeshadow, glitter on the eyes, bolder lips, etc)! So... anything goes but in some measure?
2. Where do you get your beauty inspiration from?
That's a bit of a difficult question, simply because I don't have a standard source for my beauty inspiration. Which means that it could stem from anything: my mood at a certain day, the change of the seasons, a celebrity-inspired look, a makeup brand's promo picture, etc.
3. What beauty products do you have the most of?
Well, I 'm sure that my love for eyeshadow is pretty much obvious by now, no? Whether in single, duo or palette form, eyeshadows are definitely the main focus of my makeup collection - lipsticks only follow as a distant second!
4. What's you favourite/holy grail colour for:
Eyes: Neutrals, of course! Now, one may argue that neutrals are totally boring and safe, but to me they're easily wearable and practically foolproof, especially when in a hurry, so that pretty much explains my choice!
Lips: (Mostly) Wearable nudes and light pinks. They work with the majority of the looks I go for (neutral or smokey eyes), so that's a no brainer. As of recently, however, I find myself gravitating towards peaches and corals too, although clearly, I 'm not ready to say goodbye to my trusted nudes just yet!
Cheeks: Rose-y toned blushes and beige-neutral ones shouldn't be absent from any makeup collection in my eyes; they look sophisticated and match pretty much all looks!
Nails: Dark/Off black. Now, I know that that's not an actual colour, but if it's dark enough (dark red, dark purple, dark blue, etc), then it will probably get my vote!
5. Three favourite brands of the moment:
1. MAC, because it has a vast colour/formula selection, making it an excellent brand for anyone who's looking to build their makeup collection (which I still am, btw).
2. NYX. Now, I 've only just recently started exploring NYX cosmetics, but what can I say, I 'm pleasantly surprised by their products (Black Label lipsticks for example). I 'll be surely checking them out in the future.
3. YSL, simply because their summer 2010 collection looks so amazing and I 've been eyeing a few products for some time now!
So, that was it! Without knowing if there are specific rules to this tag, I 'm gonna tag:
Dazzle 'n' Sparkle,
I Heart Cosmetics,
Fashion written with a lipstick,
Hope you do it ladies! :) Looking forward to your answers!
Have a great Monday everyone!
And stay tuned for my May favourites! :)