Someone's been beauty shopping recently...
What can I say, in the midst of the serious amount of exam stress that I've been dealing with lately, I guess I resorted to some beauty shopping to cheer me up (although knowing me, no excuses were necessary)!
And what have I been buying, you may ask..? Well, a little of this and a little of that, a few items that were sitting on my wishlist for too long and a couple of purchases of a more...spontaneous nature!
To be more specific:
1. Bourjois Rose Lounge (no 28) nail polish. Hey, if it's good for Kate Middleton on her big day (custom mixed with Essie's Allure bien sur), it's good enough for me. Plus, I'm on the hunt for my "holy grail" nude nail polish, and who knows maybe this is it.
2. Bourjois Delice De Poudre Bronzing Powder - No. 51. One that I've been dying to try for ages, but was never in stock here. So, with the help of my magic fairy, Ms LionLovingTiger, I finally got my hands on it. First impressions: yummy biscuity scent, but the pigmentation was a little underwhelming. I also fear this runs a bit on the orange side on me. We shall see how that goes.
3. Bourjois Blush in 03 Brun Cuivre. If you remember this fantabulous Lisa Eldridge video, well, that's one of the cheek products she used (now all I need are those killer cat-liner skills)!
4. Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in Soft Murano. One that has been on my wishlist ever since those were launched, and what better time to try out a cream blush than summer, right?
5. Erre Due Wet&Dry Sparkler for eyes - No. 427. Apologies to my international ladies, this is a Greek "drugstore" brand, and one that I often overlook. But this prettiful khaki with golden and pink shimmer particles and crazy pigmentation (especially since this is a mineralised item: domed look, made in Italy, etc) was way too gorgeous to pass on!
6+7. A couple of Dr.Hauschka items, purchases from an online store. Dr Hauschka is a skincare&bodycare based brand, with amazing ethos and I took the opportunity to give it a go. I haven't tested these thoroughly yet, so more details to come.
Here's some swatches of the cheek and eye products:
I mean, the Bourjois bronzer does look a bit orange, doesn't it?
So, what have you been buying lately? Skincare, bodycare or makeup?
Put it all in the comment section below! :)